Monday, April 13, 2009

The Essence of Unpretentiou-osity

Why unpretentious--and I have to look it up every time I write it!--? Maybe because I know darn well who I am and where I fit in the grand scheme of things. (Cliche, as Kate would say. I know, but sometimes a cliche is the best way to make sure everyone's on the same page. And, yes, THAT's another cliche, too!)

I'm not important--except to my family, who worship the ground I walk on (in my famtasies). I'm not famous, and time is quickly running out for me to become so. I'm not even gorgeous any more. (Oh to be 25 again!)

All I am is an average, semi-decent-looking, (dare I say it?) middle-agish (GASP!) mom, who feels that if the kids won't listen, at least I can scream it out to the universe via the internet. And it won't ask Why? and it won't ask me five minutes later to repeat myself. That is a blessing, and I'm sure all my great-great-great grandmothers are insanely jealous--if they even care, because I'm sure they have much more important things to do these days.

So, here I am, universe. 37, college-educated, very Mom-ish, and ready to share all the accumulated wisdom that I've filched from much better people. And don't ask me to repeat myself!

3 comments:

  1. you are so cute! Oh, and awesome beyond all awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ouch...you just punched me for calling you cute! I take the cute comment back...you're an angry elf...

    ReplyDelete