Sunday, April 19, 2009

Can I speak?--Pick me!!!!!

So, I have this problem: I LOVE to talk in church. And not the "psst! howareya?" whispers that get you frowned at by the bishopric. No, my friends, I love to speak--as in stand up in front of everybody and pontificate as if I were some sort of amazing authority. Which I realize I'm totally not. And I thought this weekend was mine to shine, because it was Stake Conference, and everyone was asked to come prepared with a ten-minute talk. YES!

So there I was with my talk in my hot little hand, but nothing. No announcements that we would next hear from Sister Kydd, no statement of any kind referring to me or mine or anything, in fact, related to me. Bummer. 'Cause I would've had everyone on the path to righteousness in nine-and-a-half minutes, and we could have had some extra time for singing. (Which I don't do so well, but which I still very much enjoy, much to the pain of all those around me.)

Now here I am, 9:45 on a Sunday evening, with a talk prepared and nowhere to give it. But I'm willing to give you all a break. If, for some reason you find yourself called upon to speak, and you have no desire to do so--and really, this is hard for me to imagine--you can let me know. (I respond to emails, snail mails, phone calls and general shouts of "Hey, you!".) I happen to have a dandy talk, all written out, never been given, in mint condition.




(PS--those who were called to speak did a wonderful job. It was a great conference. )

No comments:

Post a Comment