Saturday, July 25, 2009

Things thought about while waiting for rolls to rise

  • More women need to donate their white dresses to DI. (Because there is NO WAY IN HECK that I want to see one there donated by a man.) I've cleared them out four times trying to accumulate enough white dresses for the Commitment Hike, and I'm still worried we won't have enough. Seriously, sisters, are your white dresses so classic that they never go out of style--or do you use them too infrequently to get sick of them? Search your hearts, friends. The answer to many of our problems could be solved by increased usage of those dresses!

  • Girls' Camp may last just five days, but the messes created in the pursuit of its success endure eternally. Mostly in my living and dining rooms. Please don't come to visit me anytime soon, I have a reputation to maintain.

  • Cute yellow T-shirts bought on sale may look fabulous for a while, but they will eventually pill something fierce under the arms. Another reason to keep the appendages close and movement limited. I'm not stiff, folks, just frugal.

  • If you can just stay awake until the kids fall asleep, the resulting quiet is almost worth the sleep deprivation.

  • A newly-mopped floor is worth the trouble. As long as I don't have to trouble every day. Becuase that'll never happen, reputation be hanged.

  • Rolls take too darn long to rise--especially when you consider that I'm going to bust the diet eating too many of them and will regret the entire process by this time tomorrow night.

  • I need to remember to keep my inner dialogue just that after ten p.m. if I want anyone to take me seriously. Nothing good comes of spilling one's guts after the late-night news.

No comments:

Post a Comment