Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The day I didn't ditch Swedish School

My attendance record at Swedish School hasn't been all that stellar, I admit. I've related my pathetic excuses for the extreme number of absences before. (If you missed that one it all boils down to I DON'T SPEAK SWEDISH! Big revelation.)


But how could I have missed today? Who misses the last day of the Swedish School year? I mean other than me last year, anyway. Not me this year! I was present for all the festivities, even the ones that were embarrassing to those dear to me. Make that ESPECIALLY the ones embarrassing to said loved ones.



And just to make sure I get the full measure of enjoyment from my attendance I'm sharing the embarrassment with you. Just think: all the hilarity, and none of it reflecting poorly on you! Consider it a little Swedish School gift from me to you. You're welcome!


There was dancing around a Maypole. (Frolic, Roberto, frolic.)



Complete with odd hand placements and movement.



Sadly, not all family members knew all the songs.



Have I mentioned the sack races?




Would you like to see the sack races in video form? Of course you would!






Yeah, that's not embarrassing at all! Funny, but embarrassing.


Luckily, at the end of all the embarrassment there were hot dogs to ease the shame. Hot dogs make everything better. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment