Thursday, June 25, 2009

A look into my linen closet and my psyche

I am not a control freak, really. I'm not. But I like a certain amount of order in my life. And that's where life gets interesting, because my concept of order is not always shared by those with whom I share my life.

Example: I always put the freshly washed sheets on the left side of the linen closet, and take sheets from the right. It works. I can look forward to using the red tie-dyed sheets after the white sale sheets after the blue bleach-spotted sheets after the good white sheets. I actually look forward to using them in this order. I get excited every Tuesday night, because I know clean sheet day is the next day, and I know what I'll be sleeping on that night. The sheets all get the same amount of wear, and there's a regular, orderly progression. Plus, my linen closet always looks patriotic.

Problem: my husband, in a fit of sweet assistance, retrieved the sheets for bed-making yesterday--and TOOK THEM FROM THE LEFT SIDE!!!!!!!! It was supposed to be really good white sheet week, and now it's just decent white sale sheet week--which, I might add, we already had two weeks ago. And now I have to wait two more weeks to have really good white sheet week--because who in their right mind has two white sheet weeks in a row? There's a system for a reason, people!

I love him, but he's toast if he interferes with my towel rotation.

2 comments:

  1. As much as toast sounds good at this moment, I got the point. Start from the right, fill on the left. Take from the right, fill from the left....take from the right, fill from the left. Yep, got it...(i just hope I remember)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT kidding, I'm crying laughing here! And may I just say, I'm ever so impressed with you and your weekly sheet changing prowess. Good grief, I'm lucky to get my sheets changed once a month. Try NOT to judge me. Besides which, I only own 3 sets of sheets. They're expensive, sheesh!

    ReplyDelete